Sunday, January 11, 2015

Indonesian Fabric

Front of Dress

Back of Dress
Bryan brought me this fabric home from Papua, Indonesia several years ago. I tried out several patterns but wasn't happy with them until I found Fantasia by Sew Chic . which I followed reasonably closely except for two details: I drafted the fishtail part out but kept the mermaid shape. The original pattern had a much wider belt that didn't work with this fabric. But I thought it would fit better with plain in the front and elastic in the back, but the elastic doesn't look right, so I am going to make the back the same as the front and just fit it better (and it will also hook properly--not sure why I didn't do up the bottom book on the belt.)  The dress is finished  except for the belt, a final fitting, and a good press job.
 Kristen has knit me a shrug in navy mohair that looks great on it.  (Thanks, Kristen, if you read this.)
More pictures when I actually wear it which will be Feb 28 for Bryan and Heidi's wedding.  

No comments: