Sunday, October 11, 2009

Last spring, Kristen and I decided to take cake decorating classes. I love decorating fabric, so this seemed like a logical thing to try. I also like eating healthy (read avoiding sugar and fat and dyes) which eliminates most desserts. But I still make cakes for special occasions, and although I have never used food coloring in the past, I decided that chocolate and white were B-O-R-I-N-G, at least all of the time. My first assignment was a shaped cake. We chose a castle shape, and I tried decorating it in chocolate...very unimpressive. I can't even find a copy of it which is no great loss. I missed half of the first set of classes and all of the second set and made it back to cake decorating classes in time for the fondant classes. All of these are covered with fondant. Stephen made the last cake for Jessie; I only helped with that one.





No comments: